Family Resource Center
The Hall-Perrine Cancer Center has developed a comprehensive resource center for individuals affected by a cancer diagnosis, with the primary focus on the patient's spouse, children, parents, friends, caregivers and support persons. The center will also serve the larger community as a hub for educational and support services.
Through the findings of a community needs assessment, Mercy recognizes that resources for family members and those who support and care for patients with cancer within the community are limited.
The goal is to connect individuals with services within the Hall-Perrine Cancer Center as well as other services offered throughout the community by providing:
- Education and support in schools and area businesses
- Awareness and referral to community support groups
- A physical space for children as their parents are receiving cancer treatment
- Access or referral to home services such as cleaning and lawn care
- Many other services to address the needs of individuals whose loved ones are affected by cancer
For more information, please contact Sandra Ahrendsen, Program Coordinator, at (319) 861-7998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Resource Center Videos
The Hall-Perrine Cancer Center is honored to be the recipient of a grant award from the Aiming for a Cure Foundation and is proud to make these resources and services available to our community. The Aiming for a Cure Foundation is a local non-profit organization with the goal of improving the quality of cancer care and quality of life for children and families going through difficult times. The Foundation supports the funding of cancer research, non-insured expenses and patient care.
Online Caregiver Resources