Barakat Aburajab Altamimi, MD
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with Barakat Aburajab Altamimi, please call 319-369-4542
Areas of Interest
Dr. Altamimi's areas of interest include Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and liver disease, as well as preventative medicine.
Education and Training
- Jordan University of Science and Technology Faculty of Medicine, Ar Ramtha, Jordan
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Internal Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Linn County Medical Society
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Annual Dean’s Honor list (2005)
- Best Quality Improvement project – Raymond G. Murphy VA Medical Center (2015)
Board certified in Internal Medicine
Board certified in Gastroenterology
Board certified in Obesity Medicine
Dr. Altamimi enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, snorkeling, nature hikes, painting, soccer and reading.