Barakat Aburajab Altamimi, MD
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with Barakat Aburajab Altamimi, please call 319-369-4542
Areas of Interest
Dr. Altamimi's areas of interest include Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and liver disease, as well as preventative medicine.
Education and Training
- Jordan University of Science and Technology Faculty of Medicine, Ar Ramtha, Jordan
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Internal Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Linn County Medical Society
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Annual Dean’s Honor list (2005)
- Best Quality Improvement project – Raymond G. Murphy VA Medical Center (2015)
Board certified in Internal Medicine
Dr. Altamimi enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, snorkeling, nature hikes, painting, soccer and reading.