Nora Royer, MD, FACS
General and Minimally Invasive Surgery
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with Nora Royer, please call 319-398-6747
Areas of Interest
Areas of surgical expertise include hernia, gallbladder, appendectomy, breast and soft tissue, endoscopy and colonoscopy. Dr. Royer is also Mercy Medical Center's Trauma Medical Director.
Year began practicing: 2010
Year joined staff: 2012
Year began practicing in specialty: 2010
Education and Training
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Iowa, General Surgery
Teaching or Professional Positions
Director of Mercy Medical Center’s Trauma Services
Associate Professor – Department of Surgery - University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
- American College of Surgeons and Fellow of College
- State Committee on Trauma – Member
- Iowa chapter of the American College of Surgeons - President
Honors, Awards, etc.
- 2017 Winner, Mentor/Educator Award, one of Mercy's Annual Provider Awards
Alpha Omega Alpha
Dr. Royer enjoys spending time watching her children’s sporting events, exercising, reading, cooking, baking, and travel.
Philosophy Of Care
I became a surgeon because I loved being able to fix a problem and make an immediate impact with hopefully an improvement in a patient’s life. It is a gift to be able to partner with each patient to see what options will work best for them.
Mercy’s General Surgery Clinic is a collaborative initiative between Mercy Medical Center and UI Health Care, and comprised of University of Iowa surgical faculty members.